Bringing the Gospel to Yaounde, Cameroon

Thursday, June 20, 2013

 
Hey Mom,
 
OK, for the info that you wanted me to post. I tried but Facebook is so foreign to me I didn’t know what to do. So I emailed the info to Tyler and he will post it on Facebook for me. So if you want him to edit anything, or put anything else, go through him. All my friends are his friends so that will work out. Also, have Caelan do it.
 
I think I have my shopping almost done. That is a huge weight off of my shoulders. I got some sweet stuff for you guys. I’m excited to show you all. I am pretty sure you will all be stoked. Today we went to marche central and this wood marche and I drove the people mad. I have gotten pretty good with bartering and the guys I buy from don’t like that. They see my skin and they have money signs in their pupils, but then I start talking with them and they realize that I know how to play the game. I took some money out of my account. Twice as much as what I originally told you. So that should last me the rest of my mission.
 
On Saturday I completed my 21st year here in this mortal probation. That’s weird. It will be cool having a horizontal license! Not much happened on my birthday. I got a snickers from the Whitesides the day before, and I got a hug from Sister Whitesides the day after on behalf of you. That was my favorite part :) It will be nice to hug you in real life here in 12 days. I got a couple of happy birthday’s and that was it. Birthdays are pretty low key over here. Too bad they don’t have a Red Robin over here… mmm shirley temple!
 
Sissy little Arizona boy over here got a little too much sun this week and got dehydrated. I was pretty weak and so I stayed home on Friday. With that time, I rested and drank tons of water. I was also able to finish my study in the Pearl of Great Price and write all the kids a letter that I’ll send off soon. I just have to write one for you and Dad. Even with a day off we were able to get a lot done and I am pleased with the outcome of the week. Elder Johnston is an awesome missionary. I am so proud of him. He has come a long way already. I can’t believe that we are getting transfer info this Saturday. New missionaries come next week on Tuesday. I'll be able to see one of them before I go. “Hey bud, I have less days than you have years!” hehehe.
 
Not too many people know that I am leaving over here and I think I’m going to leave it that way. That’s what I did in Congo and that made leaving so much easier. Of course, I told the people that were very close to me and that’s what I’ll do here. That will help me stay focused up until the end. I plan on teaching lessons the same day I leave. I gotta go strong until the very end.
 
That’s about it for the week. I’m sorry these emails are getting short but it’s all good. I’ll be able to talk to you about what goes down here in under two weeks! Have a great week! Oh yeah! I just bought a ton of earrings, so I guess Ashlyn can have a pair :)
 
Je t’aime,
Elder Schmid
 
Finally found a Boy Scout!

No comments:

Post a Comment