Bringing the Gospel to Yaounde, Cameroon

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Email 7/12/11

So I am kinda super jealous that you were able to go on that trip!(Mom got to go on a last minute trip to the Pacific Northwest) I have always wanted to go there cause it is soooo pretty! I was looking at those pictures that Caelan sent me of the dust storm... HOLY CRAP!!! I am so bummed I missed that!! I love storms like that! That looked so intense! Was there a lot of lightning and thunder? I love Arizona monsoons. Please please please send me pictures that I can have. Like pictures of everyone and everything. Emailing pictures is fine but I can't get them. If I want to print them, 5 minutes is taken off of my email timer soooo I would like to have them sent on paper :)

This week has been one filled with happiness, sorrow, frustration, madness, and love. The MTC does some weird things to you. The French is coming along. "Better slow than never" copyright Elder Van De Graaff. I can now hold a very very simple conversation, bear my testimony, and pray. I received some great advice from one of my branch presidency members. He said to look 1 day ahead and 2 weeks behind. That way you don't get overwelmed with what you need to do and you can also see all the progress you have made over the past two weeks. Looking back two weeks, I knew squat. So I think I am doing alright. So I have some big news. One of the Elders in my district went home because of seperation anxiety, so for a while we had 2 threesomes. They now split the threesomes and now there are 3 companionships. My companion is Elder Addington, which I am very happy about. Elder LaFleur is now with our DL Elder Frazier. Oh by the way, I sent a letter yesterday and in it is my memory card. I haven't even been here 2 weeks and I have almost filled a 4gb memory card. You're welcome. We have sooo much fun in the MTC and you will definitely see that in some of the videos :) Like getting shot by a bouncy ball, and after doing that math we figured out that it is going as fast as a paintball. Soooo fun. Don't ask me why. Je ne sais pas! It is way fun being here with Elder Arnold. Make sure you tell that to Bro and Sis Allred so they can tell Elder Allred. I bet he would be super stoked about that. I got a sweeeet package from Aunt Tasha yesterday!! I have such an awesome snack drawer right now. Whenever people want to write me have them use DearElder.com. Today I had like 17 emails and it's hard to get to every single one. So I just take pictures of the emails and write letters when I get back to my rez.

Well I will write you a letter with more info. Feel free to put the letters on the blog. They will have a lot of info that people may want to know. I just want you all to know that my testimony is growing stronger and stronger every single day. I KNOW that Jesus Christ lives. I KNOW that the Book of Mormon is true and that it is for us in the latter days. I know that the power of prayer is real. My prayers are answered everyday. It is so incredible to see how much the Lord loves me. I am so glad I am on a mission serving the Lord. This is where I need to be. C'est la vie!!

Je t'aime,
Elder Schmid

No comments:

Post a Comment