Bringing the Gospel to Yaounde, Cameroon

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Email 7/19/11

Dang sorry about that.... I thought there was a 13 ounce rule and I assumed my mail didn't weight that much. I will do that for now on then! Desolé! (the family was having to pay for postage to receive his letters because he was stuffing them with several cards and letters and only putting one stamp on the envelope) I'm glad you were able to go up to Ken and Kims cabin! I am excited to see it! It sounds HUGE!!! compared to the green cabin. It doesn't take much though, to be bigger than the green cabin. I'm glad that fire is finally taken care of. (AZ largest fire that was just put out, the Wallow Fire) Man it burned so much!! 550,000 acres? Holy crap.

I'm glad you enjoyed my pictures and videos :) We definitely have fun in the MTC, but don't worry we are always working our butts off. We are stuffed in our classrooms for 10 hours throughout the day. It sucks big time but at the same time it is really good because we are all learning a lot. My French is definitely seeing improvement. Yesterday Elder Addington and I taught one of our progressive investigators and instead of him giving majority of the lesson it was about 50/50! So that is amazing! I know I am praying big time for the Lord to help me but I can tell others are praying. There is no way I could of done what I did yesterday, the day before. So thank you everyone for you prayers!! They are definitely helping :) Elder Addington and I are feeling the Spirit everyday and growing spiritually together. So all is well.

I hope this new schedule for Dad works out (His dad just shifted to a four day work week). That would be tough having longer days but maybe in the long run it will be better that he has Friday off? Time will tell. I can't believe that all his medical expenses billed up to that much!! (His dad also had a major heart attack three weeks before Christiaan left for his mission, he is doing remarkably well now). When I read that, I told my district that was sitting all around me in the laundry room. I hate laundry by the way. Thank you so much mom for spoiling me growing up.

I did get your package of letters. Thank you so much for those! I loved them so much! Especially Aidens (little 8 year old brother). Everytime I read a letter from him I laugh out loud! Thank you everyone for the letters and notes! You have no idea how much I look forward to hearing from the family. You should send me pictures of the family and stuff :) and like a photobook or something because the one I bought here at the bookstore is already full. I got a SWEET package from Tasha yesterday! She put a rubiks cube in and it is the best rubiks cube that I have ever used...sooo smooth. Just fyi the whole DearElder thing is amazing. When you guys DearElder me I get it the same day at around 6 in the evening. If I get a DearElder I promise to respond and have your letter in the mail the next day :) Communication will go a lot faster that way.

Other than that, the MTC is going well! I am loving every minute of it, even if every other minute of it I am stressed to the max. It is such an incredible experience. This Sunday was an answer to my prayers. I prayed and asked the Lord to 1) help me stay awake. Its so hard to do that. 2) Let me have a spiritual experience. 3) Bless me to learn more doctrine and have some of my personal questions answered. He definitely answered my prayers. Last Sunday was one of the most profound and spiritual experiences I have ever had on a Sunday. I had a huge doctrinal question answered. One that has been on my mind for months. I was wide awake the whole day and I felt the spirit the whole day. The Lord really does want to bless you when you follow the commandments and what not. I am definitely receiving answers to my prayers. This mission experience has been incredible. I love it!!

Je t'aime
Elder Schmid

No comments:

Post a Comment