Bringing the Gospel to Yaounde, Cameroon

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hello Mom :)

Well, it sounds like everyone had a great new years! I can't believe that it is
already 2012! The world is going to end this year... weird. And did you
honestly believe that I would be in bed for the new year?? NO WAY!! Elder
Pister and I were out on our balcony banging the pots and pans!! I was so tired the next day though... but that's alright. It will only happen one more time on
my mission.

So, I know that you are all curious to know about Elder Pister. He is AWESOME! He is such a jolly man! Him and I just click. I know that the work will be great with this kid. He speaks really good french and he is a really good teacher. He is from Woodburn, Oregon. It was rough the first few days without Elder Lamb but after a day I was completely okay. I am always laughing with Elder Pister. He went to BYU before his mission and he knew a lot of kids from Mountain View. I busted out some school dance pictures and he knew a lot of people. Things will be awesome with him.

So, this past week was pretty good! It was kind of crazy because Elder Lamb was leaving so a lot of our 'teaching appointments' were really goodbyes. The people here love Elder Lamb. He has done so much good here in Ekounou 1. It sucked knowing that he would be leaving... I didn't want him to go. He was such an awesome companion. So, the day came that he left and the rest of the day I was with a branch missionary from my branch. His name is Jean Claude and he speaks super fast french... but I understood almost all of it! My french is really coming along and I know that my progression will jump with Elder Pister because his french is amazing. The people here think he is from France because his accent is so legit. Anywho, the night after working with Jean Claude I received a bunch a letters. I hate mail here... it takes so long for it to get here! But I am soooo grateful that you continue to send me letters. Those testimonies were awesome!! I loved reading that so much! Have you gotten my letters yet for all the family? I sent them back on the 15th or something like that. Aunt Lynne sent me a little package with a tiny christmas tree and tiny lights and tiny ornaments. I love it! I have it set up on our table in the living room. I have so many people I have to write back to... I have so little time here. I responded to Gunnar and Alisons letters and next I will be writing to the Kettenrings... and if the Kettenrings are reading this, I'm sorry! Your letters will be coming soon :) I felt so good after reading all my letters. So, the next day Elder Wagman and I spent a few hours trying to clean the apartment... It wasn't that much of a success. We hadn't had water for the past 4 days. All four of our toilets were full of goodness so it smelled pretty bad. Elder Pister showed up and I let him unpack and then we were out on the streets. Everyone wanted us to come by when he first got here so we had to make a few visits. I was just blown away with how awesome his french was. So anywho, I don't really know where I am going with this. I love Elder Pister. Things will be so awesome. He is very clean and I like that.

So, this past week I have really seen an improvement in my comprehension skills with french. I have been understanding a lot more lately. French has been kicking my butt since getting out here but I really feel I am getting a handle on this thing and pinning it down.

I can't believe that Dallin is 14!! Man, I remember when he was born and Grandma and Grandpa took Caelan and I out to breakfast and I kept on asking them what my little brothers name was because I couldn't remember it. I love that kid. How is he coming along in scouts? Back at the apartment before the transfers I was the only Eagle Scout... what the heck!

Well, I hope all is going well. I am glad that Bronson and you are doing fine. I love you so much. Thank you for the awesome emails. Talk to you next week!

Je t'aime,
Elder Schmid

No comments:

Post a Comment