Bringing the Gospel to Yaounde, Cameroon

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bonjour,

So yesterday was incredible!!! I loved talking to you all so much! I honestly didn't even recognize Oma with her hair... and the camera was a little blurry. I was curious as to who that stranger was standing in the back. I can't believe that Bronson is already here! I am so stoked to have another little brother!! He looked so cute! It's weird to think that he will be 18 months old when I get back from the mission. That was the fastest 43 minutes of my life... I was so sad when it was over. I feel bad, I was telling everyone I loved them and I think I forgot to mention Ashlyn... So here is a little shout out to her: Ashlyn, I love you and everyone over here thinks you look like an angel :) I can't wait to see you again! I feel like I was barely able to say anything. I just couldn't believe that I was talking to you and seeing you! It was so awesome!

So, like I said last night, I went to the Gorilla Park today and it was AWESOME! We were like 5 feet away from these huge animals. We walked by the chimpanzees and they would run up and down a side of their huge cage and they would chuck their poop at you!! I got hit by a few chunks that was grated when it went through the chain link fence... it was so funny!! I got it on camera too!!! It was so fun running down the fence trying to get away from these stupid monkeys. This guy who helped drive us all there got nailed by some poop! NASTY! I got a picture in front of the HUGE tree. It was nuts... that thing is so ginormous.

So that was my day... right now I am sitting in a cyber burning up because the blinds here suck. Christmas was different not being with the family but I still loved it so much. Like I said yesterday, it has taken on a whole new meaning now being an official representative of Jesus Christ. What an incredible blessing. I am so grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary in Africa. I know the church is true!!

Je t'aime,
Elder Schmid

No comments:

Post a Comment