Bringing the Gospel to Yaounde, Cameroon

Monday, February 11, 2013

 
Dear Mom,
 
Thank you so much for sending me Kessley's testimony. That was powerful. His life is a perfect example of the Lords redeeming love. He is an incredible example to us all and I know that he and Grandpa are there helping Kurt and I fight through Satans forces and converting people to the true Light, our Savior Jesus Christ.
 
We had a pretty good week this week. It was just another week full of teaching and walking and heat and sweat and no power. We haven't had power at night the last 5 nights and it has been pretty miserable. You just lay there and your pillow soaks up your sweat. It is so difficult to sleep. It gets to about 86-88 degrees in our apartment but the humidity is what kills. It is disgusting. Oh well... I'm in Africa.
 
Please forgive me for not telling you that I got your package! I'll tell you now to make you a little happier... Oh, hey Mom I got that package you sent me! Thanks so much! But really, harmonica? That was completely random and not expected. I loved the notes from everyone. I love you guys! Speaking of things like that... that letter you got from me last week made it to you in less than two weeks. I'm going to try to send more out. We just don't have that much time to write. We are always go go go on pdays.
 
I was able to go on splits with Elder Christensen and we had a 10 lesson day in our sector. I love days like that so much. They always go by so fast and when you get home you are just exhausted, but that is always good. That is when you know you worked hard.
 
The basketball court over at the church is finished and it is fun to play on. We were teaching some of the branch missionaries who were there how to play, after English class, and one of them cut Elder Christensens elbow wide open and we had to go to the hospital and get stitches. He got 6 but he should have gotten at least 10. It was a huge deep cut and it was in a perfect circle. I got some sweet pictures. You could lift the skin...it was a huge flab. We have no clue what cut him but it got him good. So we got home super late. The Wheatley's weren't there... they were still on their safari trip in Tanzania so I was in charge and I went with him. They guy we rent from is awesome and said, "Mes enfants, vous irez avec moi."  (My children, you will go with me.)  He gave us a ride and stayed with us and brought us back and it was late and far out. We are going to bake some banana bread and give it to him. Christensen is doing good. He just can't bend his right arm. It is right on the elbow. He can't even see it.
 
I'm sorry this email is pretty lame... It was just another week and I can't really remember anything too crazy. It all blurs together. My Eccos and my Asics are starting to lose their tread. My Eccos will probably last me the rest of my mission. I will probably buy some African dress shoes and wear those home on the plane. Don't worry about sending me anything. For all missionaries leaving, tell them to get those underarmour socks that I have. EVERYBODIES socks, except for mine, are falling apart and have holes all over. Those socks were totally worth the money. I guess there is a missionary mall over by the MTC... don't tell people to go there because all their stuff falls apart within the first 6 months.
 
I had a sweet study in D&C 4 and Moroni 6. I want you to compare D&C 4:3 and Moroni 6:3 and tell me in next weeks email what you understand from those two scriptures and how they go together. I want to see if we find the same things. I love studying the scriptures! Have a great week and Happy Valentines Day in advance! Say hi to Kurt for me when you see him!
 
Je t'aime,
Elder Schmid

No comments:

Post a Comment