Bringing the Gospel to Yaounde, Cameroon

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

09/06/2011 I Have Arrived!!!!

Holy smokes... there are a lot of people in Africa. I'm finally here!!! I have been waiting to be here in Africa since March 4th and now it is finally here! I can't believe it! I am so stoked! The airport scene was nuts. We snuck past security cause Elder Hoiland didn't have his yellow fever vaccination certificate and then Elder Nash had his camera stolen out of his backpack as we were standing waiting for the truck to come up. Nothing like a warm welcome from Africa. The moment I walked out of the plane I started to sweat. It is so humid here... I thought that I would be able to handle it. Boy, was I wrong. I am so sticky and sweaty right now. My sweat was going through my suit coat. It is so nuts. Well I don't have much time and I need to write in my journal about how crazy today was. I love you all and I am so glad that I was able to talk to you!! Je vous aime!

Elder Schmid

No comments:

Post a Comment