Bringing the Gospel to Yaounde, Cameroon

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Email 8/2/11

Well, I have to apologize in advance. I had this whole email typed up and it was deleted so now this is going to be pretty short. I am going to tell you about my ankle. I am going to type what is in my journal.

7.28.2011
So, today could of been a lot better. It was going well until gym. Gym was at 11:10 this morning and Elder Addington and I went to play basketball. All was going well until we had about 5 minutes left to play basketball. I was running around trying to make a basket so I could play. I finally got in a game with a couple minutes left. I got a rebound and I started to run back to the 3 point line to "take it back" and as I did, Elder Addington ran in front of me and I stepped on his foot with my left foot and I rolled my ankle big time. My leg was basically touching the floor and my foot was sideways. I could literally hear something rip in my ankle. I fell down and got back up and I knew immediately that I was hurt. I hobbled about 100 feet to the little medical room. So it took me about 10 seconds and by the time I got there my ankle was the size of a baseball. I could feel the sides of my ankle pressuring into the sides of my shoes. It was hurting so bad. The nurse was touching my foot at certain points and was asking me if it hurt, which it did. Then at one point she pushed down on the bottom of my lef and pushed up on my heel and my foot moved up about an inch. It looked like she dislocated my foot. It didn't hurt but it felt so weird. She immediately went "welllll I have some bad news." and she went on to explain how I have a 3rd degree ankle sprain. I had completely torn one of my tendons, along with partially tearing others. (I don't think his tendons were torn or else I am told he would be having surgery. Instead the doctor said that some ligaments may be torn, in other wards a very severe sprain.) She sent me on my way with an ACE bandage, ice, and crutches.

So yeah that is basically what happened. The next day I went to the MTC health clinic and they sent me to the BYU health clinic down the road to get some xrays. I then went to a podiatrist and he gave me a boot and told me to use crutches for 2 weeks and I have to wear the boot for 4 weeks. That is good because I am out of here in 4 and a half. He said that this is not something that will hold me back from leaving when I am supposed to leave on Aug. 29th. So that was good news.

Sorry this email sucks. I am so mad right now. The email that I had typed up I had spent an hour typing because I figured out how to type up an email and not use anytime. My companion is getting really impatient so I should probably go. I will write you though. I love receiving letters too!!! Soooo much. I love you and I hope all is well back at home. Thanks for the awesome package too :) I have the best family in the world!

Je t'aime
Elder Schmid

No comments:

Post a Comment