Bringing the Gospel to Yaounde, Cameroon

Friday, August 5, 2011

Email in response to Dad's letter

Thank you so much for the update. I was called up to the front office around 12:15 today. Usually when that happens it means something is wrong so I was pretty nervous about the visit that I was about to have. One of the President's told me a very brief summary of what went down last night. I asked him if I could check my email to communicate for the next couple of days to see if everything is alright and he said that that was fine. So I will be checking my email periodically throughout the day. So please give me a constant update on the condition of everyone.

I want to share something very special with you. When I say my prayers every morning and night, right before I finish I always ask the Lord to protect my family and let them know that I love them. Yesterday during every single prayer that I had, I felt prompted to ask the Lord to protect you guys. I had no clue why...but I followed the feeling that I had. I had some pretty detailed 'meal' prayers asking for your protection and I was confused as to why I was going into such depth asking for your protection. Last night when I was saying my prayer before I went to bed the Spirit told me to pray for your protection again... so that was majority of my prayer last night. I was kind of scared last night as to why I was feeling those promptings all day yesterday. Well, now I know. As much as it sucks, the family walked away from that accident with their lives. Many lives have been lost in accidents identical to that one that they were just in. I KNOW that the Lord was protecting all in the car last night.

I was crying today when I was reading your email. I hate thinking about Mom, Darian, and Ashlyn in pain. I feel so bad for Caelan that she had to experience that as a driver. How is Dallin and Aiden? What about Heidi and Heaton? What happened to the drivers in the other car?

It is ridiculous how all these bad things are happening to us: heart attack, torn ankle tendons, and accident. But there are always blessings in trials...

Heart Attack

* It didn't occur when we were actually camping.
* We now know the condition (somewhat) of your arteries, and now we know that we need to keep an eye on them
* I know it was bad but I thought it was a blessing that I was able to spend time with you more right before I left because you were home from work. I am so grateful for that.

Torn Tendons

* The Lord blessed me with timing of the accident. Can you imagine what kind of care I would of received in Africa?
* I don't need to have surgery.
* My time here at the MTC wont be prolonged.

Accident

* Although they walked away with some bad injuries, they also walked away with one of the greatest things that the Lord has blessed them with... their life.
* The baby 'walked' away unharmed. I think that it is so incredible and miraculous that the only part of Mom's body that doesn't hurt is where the baby is. We know that God loves his children. I was just reading in the Book of Mormon today in 3 Nephi and I read chapter 17. What happened last night has strengthened my testimony of God's love for his children. It's not a coincidence that I read that before I got the news.
* We finally get a new car :)

Always remember to count your many blessings. The Lord is constantly blessing us. I have been receiving answers to my prayers constantly since I have arrived here at the MTC.

I am so grateful that everyone is alright. I will continue to pray for everyone to have a speedy recovery. Please keep me updated on what is happening and what not with recovery process. And of course, please send me pictures of the car and whatever else you have.

So I guess that means the cabin trip is cancelled. That is too bad. That is one of my favorite places to go. You guys should go in October. It is probably so beautiful on the mountain at that time.

Since I have time I will respond to your email that you sent me this week. As far as my injury goes, everything is alright. My ankle hurts big time still but I can tell that it is getting better. It was bruising big time. It looked like I had old nasty feet. I took a lot of pictures of it and I sent home the memory card home yesterday so you should be getting it tomorrow. I have to wear this boot for a little over 3 more weeks. After that the doctor gave me some legit ankle braces that I will wear everyday for a couple of weeks and then I should be back to normal. I will definitely wear those braces whenever I play basketball from here on out. That is another blessing because of my injury! I knew I needed to get some good ankle braces but didn't know where to get them for a good price (you get what you pay for) but now I have two and I got them for free! There are blessings in every trial! So yeah, my ankle is doing well. No need to worry. I have two more doctor appts before I leave the MTC so we'll know for sure I guess that nothing is wrong on August 16th. I will let you know of my status then. When I was talking to him the day after it happened, he said that he was almost positive my stay here at the MTC wouldn't be prolonged. Yes, I have run into Jordan Thompson. Funny story. The first time I see him, both him and I were in the health clinic. Me for my ankle and him for his companion who suffers from lactose intolerance? But he came up to me and gave me a big hug. He gives me a hug every time I see him and I appreciate it so much. I love that kid to death. It sounds like you had a fun time at the reunion thing that you had. I hope I can do one of those 30 years from now. Its crazy that all these kids are getting called to Africa. A great work is coming forth and has been coming forth in that area and I am so grateful that I am going to be a part of it.

Well, my class is about to start. Feel free to post this on my blog. I love you so much and thank you so much for emailing me and letting me know of the situation and the details. I will be checking my email tomorrow to see updates on everyone. Je vous aimez beaucoup!!

Elder Schmid

No comments:

Post a Comment